Anti-wrinkle injectables are a popular cosmetic procedure that can enhance the look of one’s facial features. If you’re considering getting this done, it’s important to know what happens after your treatment and how best avoid complications!
A lot goes into achieving beautiful results while also trying not create unwanted issues postoperatively; read on for helpful instructions about caring incial procedures such as these so they maintain their effectiveness.
The initial 4 hours post injection are the most crucial, and it’s important to follow up on your aftercare regime to achieve the maximum benefits:
- Remain in an upright position;
- Avoid touching or rubbing the area;
- Avoid make-up to the treated area; and
- Avoid pressure to the area including; facials, face down massage, tight hats or glasses.
For 24-48 hours post-injection, the following are important considerations for you to make:
- Avoid alcohol;
- Avoid excessive heat or cold;
- Avoid strenuous exercise; and
- Avoid direct sunlight.
These dermal therapies should only be booked two weeks post procedure. This ensures a smooth recovery and provides optimal results:
- Avoid dermal therapies such as; microdermabrasion, chemical peels and laser.
You might experience the following after having anti-wrinkle injections procedure:
- Treatment usually starts to take effect within 3-4 days with visible results after 7 days.
- Due to the subjective nature of the treatment it is not possible to guarantee results.
- There is a possible chance of asymmetry of facial expressions, this can usually be improved during your 2 week check-up.
- The longevity of treatment results is individualised and re-treatment is recommended after 3 to 4 months.
Here are some of the possible side effects and complications that can result from this treatment:
- Side effects are usually mild and temporary and are most commonly localised to the area of injection.
- Possible side effects include; burning or stinging, bruising, swelling or redness at the injection site.
- Some uncommon but possible side-effects include; swollen eyelids, skin tightness, tingling sensation, itching, headache, nausea and flu-like symptoms.
- Local muscle weakness resulting in drooping (ptosis) of the eyelids/eyebrows is also a possible risk.
2 week review:
- Although the onset of treatment effect is usually rapid, within 3-4 days, it can take up to 10-14 days to see the full effects of the treatment.
- This review is important as it allows us to individualise your treatment dose and make alterations of facial asymmetry where required.
The best way to keep your skin looking youthful is by following a good anti-wrinkle injection routine. Keep reading our blog posts as we will provide more information about what it takes to maintain an injectable result long term! We also have some great tips on our social media pages so be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!